Skip to main content

List of books that I've read over the years

Happy New Year! 

"I shall read one good book in 2020 and reread 2 of my old books". That is one of my personal development goals for 2020". 

To be honest, I have always told myself to write about what I learnt/liked after reading the books but never got around to doing so. Looking back, I have always entered the bookstore - Kinokuniya either because I happened to be in the mall or that I had a sudden motivation to grab a book. While I do still enjoy a good fiction book, all the books that I have read so far in the past 4 years was non-fiction. 

The following is a list of books that I've read: 

List of books

1. Non-Bullshit Innovation 
2. The Globotics Upheaval: Globalisation, Robotics and the Future of Work 
3. Technology and the Threat of Mass Unemployment
4. Japan and the Shackles of the Past
5. Building Wealth through REITS (Finance) 
6. Show Me The Money - Book 1 (Finance) 
7. The Essays of Warren Buffett (Finance) 
8. Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits (Finance) 
9. The Intelligent Investor (Finance) 
10. A Random Walk Down Wall Street (Finance) 

Till next time, 
K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POSB Invest-Saver RSP Update

It was about 3 months ago that I subscribed to POSB Invest-Saver Regular Savings Plan (RSP) amid all the global turmoil. This RSP buys the Nikko AM STI ETF(Ticker: G3B.SI) every month with the amount you set(eg. $100). There is another STI ETF(Ticker: ES3.SI) but you can't buy it with this plan. This 2 ETFs simply tracks the performance and try to replicate its returns of the Straits Times Index(STI). From an NSF This is also the first foray into stocks for me, putting $100 from my NS allowance into this. Now how did it go? Dollar-Cost Averaging Buying less at high prices and buying more at low prices has allowed me to average down the Average Unit Price and Average Unit Cost though it is quite insignificant given the short period of buying. Currently, with the $1 commission, the Total Investment Cost is $293.49. The Cumulative Portfolio Value is $290.49.  Given the negative news surrounding the world financial markets, it's a -$29.49 portfolio loss wit...

Value-for-money: Kinokuniya or Booksdepository

Meet Kinokuniya and Books Depository.  The former has physical brick-and-mortar and online stores while the latter is solely an online retailer.  For all the book lovers out there, I am sure these are some of the places we go in order to satisfy our book cravings. Kinokuniya was where I picked up my first book on investing. I summarised some of my thoughts on that book here . Since then, I have bought at least 6 other books on investment and other genres that cost at least $200 in total from Kinokuniya.  Book lovers should also know that Kinokuniya is not the cheapest for pricing. I came to know Books Depository  recently, and boy is there a huge difference in price.  Let's compare an investment book, say  Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits and Other Writings.  On Books Depository : $18.56, original price: $30.03  On Kinokuniya : $37.40, member's price: $33.66    If we are to compare prices only, then we h...

Transitioning into an 'investor'

Nobody said it was going to be easy. I admit that I feel like giving up sometimes. Well, it's only human to choose the easiest path out. For the second half of 2015, I have been actively seeking higher returns on my savings in bank accounts, been busy reading about the current economy, markets and checking the Straits Times Index (STI). After these few months, I'd would to think that I have improved slightly in developing the mindset, slowly but surely transitioning into becoming an 'investor'.  Hunting for free money  In the later half of 2015, I have opened up an additional bank account: CIMB FastSaver which offers 1% p.a with no strings attached. I have not started work and I have not paid for my own bills to earn higher interest in local banks(e.g the OCBC 360 account)  When I shared with my parents and friends, they were skeptical. A Malaysian bank? Perhaps it doesn't inspire much confidence when they see...